After a wonderful visit to Palo Alto followed by a mind numbing degree of deliberation, I have finally chosen a college.
I will be attending Stanford University next year! I have included a bit of my reasoning below...
- Graduate level classes for undergrads
- Research opportunities for undergrads
- One of the best engineering schools in the world (I am thinking about going into environmental and civil engineering)
- You can get a graduate and bachelors degree at the same time (an option I am strongly considering)
- Bing China Engineering Study Abroad Program
- Co-op Housing, where you live with other students in a student run home
- Ceramics Club, Roble Dance Studio, Ram's Head Theatre Society
- Climbing Gym and Athletic Classes
- Beautiful campus, fantastic hiking, San Francisco
There were even more factors that went into making my final decision, but the few above are what I could come up with off of the top of my head.
I leave for China late June and will return mid August. Classes at Stanford do not begin until late September, so I will have time to get collected before transitioning once again.
I wish you the very best, and will be sure to let you know how my time in Hangzhou, China this summer goes.
Sage (Tree Hugger)